The daily hustle-bustle and monotonous schedule demand a break and an escape from the chaos of the city life. A family outing near Mumbai can help you to spend some quality time with your loved ones and build some wonderful memories together.
Here are some of the best one-day picnic spots near Mumbai for a family:
1. Elephanta Caves: If you are interested in the rock formation, cave structures, and short adventure, Elephanta Caves is just right. To add to the adventure, you have to take a ferry from the Gateway of India for visiting the Elephanta caves. There are amazing rock formations and beautiful breathtaking statues of Indian mythological characters that shall mesmerize you. If you are looking for a one-day picnic spot near Mumbai for family, Elephanta cave is an ideal choice.
2. Lonavla: Della Adventure Park, Lonavala is one of the most popular locations for a family outing near Mumbai. Along with the picturesque mountains, cool climate, wonderful food, etc, Lonavla provides an opportunity to visit a one of its kind Adventure Park in India – Della Adventure Park. It is India’s largest extreme adventure park with over 50 + adventure activities for people of all age groups. Whether you are a group, young couples or families, there is an adventure that keeps everyone excited at all times. Along with the adventure activities, this adventure park also has some of the finest cuisines, nightclubs, and a picturesque resort for staying. No wonder, the adventure park is one of the most sought after places for spending an adrenaline-filled weekend.
3. Manori Beach: If you are looking for a simple weekend relaxing at secluded beaches and enjoying the local food, Manori beach is a good idea. The beautiful beaches at Manori, the wind, and the beachside tents make you forget all the tensions of your work and let you truly relax. Being only 40 km away from Mumbai, the beach is one of the nearest places for a one-day picnic for families.
4. Karnala Bird Sanctuary: If you are a bird enthusiast and want an adventurous trekking activity of climbing a fort, Karnala is an ideal location. While climbing the Karnala fort, you can enjoy pleasant sights of rare birds chirping and singing throughout your trek.
5. Karjat: If you and extend your family are planning a small get together at large farmhouses, Karjat is an ideal location. It is an ideal place to enjoy nature, get some time off to reconnect with cousins, enjoy amenities at the farmhouses, and truly relax. Karjat also has many film studios to watch Hindi movies.
So, the next time you are thinking of taking a break from the fast-paced city life and wishing for solitude or spending quality time with your loved ones, we suggest you visit one of the above-given places. Depending on your preferences you can select a location. If you want adventure, you may select the Della Adventure Park, if you want solitude, you may visit Manouri or Karjat. If you want to come close to nature and trek, you can visit the Karnala Bird Sanctuary.